OCT 03 – 23, 2016 BALI
Ignite Your Passion for Yoga
Transform Your Life
Be A Teacher
HOT YOGA ASIA 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
At HYA, we focus our training on 3 distinct training styles to help you succeed as a yoga teacher.
A set sequence of 33 yoga poses that gives your students a solid foundation on which to build their practice. Challenging, yet suitable for all levels of students. Ideal for teaching beginners.
Builds on the Hot Classic sequence. Offers variety and creativity. Easy to add on more poses for arms, core, hips, and/or backbends to stoke the interest of more experienced students.
Modifies the Hot Hatha sequence into a flow class, making the practice more intense and physically challenging. Ideal for teaching experienced/ intermediate students. Surya Namaskar is a key part of this practice.
Yoga History & Philosophy
- Basic history, philosophy & evolution of yoga
- Eight kinds of Yogic study/ practice
- Eight limbs of Yoga
- Ancient Yogic texts: Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and more
- Philosophy and lineage of Krishnamacharya, BKS Iyengar, Sri Pattabhi Jois, Paramhansa Yogananda, Bishnu Charan Ghosh, & Bikram Choudhury
- Evolution of Hot Yoga, from ancient Agni Kriya, to modern contemporary practices
- Exploring Hot Yoga Asia model and contribution to the evolution of Hot Yoga
- Basic western anatomy & physiology
- Functional anatomy and physical structure
- Esoteric Anatomy & Chakra System
Hot Yoga Method
- How and why hot yoga is different from other styles of yoga
- Understanding the effects of heat
- Why the sequence is important in relation to the hot room
Hot Yoga Techniques
- Special practices unique to hot yoga
- Timing & class management
- How to direct the class focus
- Demos & “mirroring” techniques
Asana – posture
- Knowledge of basic asanas
- Exploration of asana variations and intermediate asanas
- Alignment, common mistakes, & how to avoid injuries
- Medical benefits
- Balance between body, mind and breath
- How to sequence foundation practice, 60min/ 75min/ 90min
- How to expand the sequence for Hot Hatha practice
- Understanding how to modify the sequence for Hot Vinyasa practice
- Special practices for non-hot practices in Hatha and Vinyasa Flow yoga
The Art of Teaching
- How to address a group of students
- How to use your own body as a teaching tool
- How to use your voice, volume, tempo, and pacing
- How to read bodies and correct postures
- Choosing the right words
- Energy, passion, confidence, humor
- Using your presence & Self-awareness as a transformative teaching tool
Pranayama – Yogic Breathing
- The use of breath as a transformative tool for Self-awareness
- Breath control
- Different breathing techniques & purpose
- Exploration of benefits
- Balance/ alter emotions
- Regulate internal temperature
- What meditation is, and why it is practiced
- Variety of meditation techniques and tools
- Quieting the mind to develop deeper levels of awareness
- Connecting with nature and the world you live in
- Connecting with the true Self
- General understanding of Sanskrit language
- What & why mantras are an effective tool for yoga
- Chanting, use of sound, resonance, vibration/ frequency, and music
- Morals and ethics for yoga professionals
- Self practice
Diet, Nutrition, & Hydration
- Purification through food
- Yogic diet guidelines
- Understanding the importance and effects of water
- Introduction to Ayurvedic medicine
- General understanding of the three main doshas and how to eat / live right for your type
Yoga & Business
- How to build a resume and apply at studios
- What’s needed to open your own studio
- Yoga registration procedures
- How to build a following
- Balancing money vs materialism
- Conflict resolution
- Relationships in the studio
- Sexual harassment
- Insurance / injures
- Next steps for growth & development
21 Day 200-Hour Hot Yoga Teacher Training
OCT 03 – 23, 2016 BALI
MONDAYS TO SATURDAYS
- 2000-2200(1-2x per week)
- 0630-0830Half days on SUN
- Free & Easy
As part of Pure Yoga senior teaching team,Copper has been and continues to be a pillar in the yoga community throughout Asia.
Originally from Texas, USA, Copper was first introduced to yoga at age four, by his father and martial art teachers. He fully committed to teaching ‘Yoga’ in 2003, after resigning as a Senior Training Specialist for Charles Schwab, a leading US Fortune 500 company.
Copper holds the highest qualification possible with Yoga Alliance, E-RYT 500, in addition to professional training certifications with Achieve Global, Development Dimensions International (DDI), and Mager Consortium.
Copper has been leading professional development courses and yoga teacher trainings since 2000. He is the lead hot yoga trainer for Pure Yoga SG, developing and leading their Hot TT programs since 2009. Beyond hot yoga, Copper also leads trainings in Hatha, Vinyasa, and Universal Yoga.
His playfulness and joy are present in every class, workshop, or teacher training session he leads. Whether in the hot room, on the cross mats of Universal Yoga Mandala, or any mat in between, he encourages students to explore their practice and themselves as deeply as possible.
“Whether it’s physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual – yoga has something for everyone, at every stage of life’s journey. Every passing moment is an opportunity to start anew and transform your life. Let go of expectations, have fun, and enjoy the process!”
Originally from Singapore, Andrea was first introduced to yoga through hot vinyasa yoga while living in the US in 2003. She left her design career in 2007 to commit to teaching full time after completing her first teacher training in Hot Yoga. She has since continued her yogic studies to achieve an E-RYT 500, the highest credentials available with Yoga Alliance. She opened her own yoga studio, Updog Studio Singapore in 2010 till October 2015 to continue to share her love of hot yoga and to help others heal themselves through practice.
Bali Indonesia – We are in the midst of confirming the beautiful venue. Please check back in November 2015.
To be confirmed in November 2015.
All rooms have:
- Air con
- Hot water
The HYA 21 day teacher training is working on many different levels. The idea that it takes 21 days to break old habits and set the foundation to build new habits. One of the major influences of this 21-Day shift comes from the food we eat. All of the meals will be provided by a top Vegetarian chef, flown in from Australia, to cater the event. The course will provide 3 delicious vegetarian meals served daily. There will also be a complimentary tea break in the afternoon by the pool.
Before Aug 29, 2016
After Aug 29, 2016
- Price includes course fee, accommodation, all meals & all training material.
- Flights & transfers not included.
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student’s primary support network. We emphasise that this programme may not be for everyone.
- Have a minimum of 6 – 12 months of hot yoga practice
- Have passion to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Be free of major injuries going into the programme (students with minor but recurring injuries must inform the teacher of their conditions)
- Be fully committed to 100% attendance
- Be willing and able to forego most of their personal and professional commitments
- Have a recommendation letter from a teacher regarding your practice level
Required Reading Prior to Course:
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Hot Yoga: Energizing, Rejuvenating, Healing by Marilyn Barnett
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Bhagavad Gita, any version (Stephen Mitchell’s version recommended)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, any version (Chip Hartranft’s version recommended)
- Students must submit an online application to register
- Your submitted application will be processed and reviewed
- You will be notified of approval by email within 3-5 working days
- Once approved, you will be sent a confirmation email with deposit/ payment details to fully guarantee your space and a Welcome Letter with further programme details